Episode 8: Fiverr to $30million ARR with Directive's Garrett Mehrguth
I sat down with Garrett Mehrguth, CEO of Directive Consulting to understand how he went from doing Fiverr gigs to $30million ARR within 7 years.
Based out of the USA, Garrett has decided to expand into Australia, Canada & UK, which also caught my attention. I wanted to understand why he needed to expand when the USA is such a large market.
Whilst I was expecting to tell a CEO story, I ended up learning his marketing tactics that every CMO or CEO needs to know.
Here's some of what we get into:
- Does a company need to hire a different talent force as they scale into a $30million ARR? You will be surprised to learn he answered, No.
- What tactic was used to acquire talent which enabled him to grow to $30million ARR? [Garrett explained he hired talent, not experience]
- How to calculate customer acquisition costs & set appropriate marketing budgets?
- Why Google ads & SEO not sufficient to scale & social media is needed?
- What Garrett learnt from experimenting with $1million in LinkedIn ads last year
- How Garrett uses LinkedIn conversational ads to win
- What advertising strategy took him to $30million ARR
- His mantra: everything should be shockingly memorable [which I absolutely agree with when it comes to ads]
I know anyone listening to this will explode with ideas & walk away with strategies that will take their ad game to the next level.